Monday, August 08, 2005

Today I was a fish

JoAnna wakes me up as she is arriving home from work (8am) and tells me that we have plans for the day. While she sleeps, I am to go to Wal-Mart (I hate you, but you're so darn convenient) and buy "snorkel gear."

Rule #1: Don't send Tim to buy anything alone.

I ended up buying $37 worth of snorkeling equipment, only one set.

We met one of JoAnna's co-workers and drove back to Hanauma Bay to snorkel. INCREDIBLE! (sorry, no pics...took a few with an underwater camera though, wait for it).

Today I had church "onderre da sea." About three seconds into my snorkeling experience, a fish big enough for dinner darts in front of me...a second later, the rest of the school followed.

We patrolled the reef seeing dozens of different tropical fish...everything that we saw at the Waikiki aquarium was now munching on coral inches from my floating body. One fish that I followed for about 10 minutes was so large that you could actually HEAR it pulling the "food" from the reef.

What kind of fish did we see? Well, to avoid scientifically naming the species I will state that if it was in the movie Finding Nemo and wasn't Nemo, I saw it (except the sea turtles, a more rare sighting).

Some insist that the cost of living in Hawaii is too expensive...I am more concerned with the cost of NOT living in Hawaii.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tim, what an awesome experience...awaiting the pics!!

Anonymous said...

Dude, you're not going to, like, become one of those guys who can't stop talking about how great Hawaii is now, are you?

About the Spin top 100: You need as much Bono as you can get.

Anonymous said...

I have been reading and looking at your posted pics---really neat nephew.Congrats on your new job and everything else!!

pk said...

Great last line. I love it!